The health and wellbeing of the child are protected and nurtured.
Ko tēnei te whakatipuranga o te tamaiti i roto i tōna oranga nui, i runga hoki i tōna mana motuhake, mana atuatanga.
Wellbeing | Children have a sense of wellbeing and resilience.
Mana atua | Children understand their own mana atuatanga – uniqueness and spiritual connectedness.
Children experience an environment where:
- their health is promoted
- their emotional wellbeing is nurtured
- they are kept safe from harm.
Over time and with guidance and encouragement, children become increasingly capable of:
- keeping themselves healthy and caring for themselves | te oranga nui
- managing themselves and expressing their feelings and needs | te whakahua whakaaro
- keeping themselves and others safe from harm | te noho haumaru.
The resources in this section support kaiako in weaving this strand into their local curriculum.