Opportunities for learning are equitable, and each child’s contribution is valued.
Ko te whakatipuranga tēnei o te kiritau tangata i roto i te mokopuna kia tū māia ai ia ki te manaaki, ki te tuku whakaaro ki te ao.
Contribution | Children learn with and alongside others.
Mana tangata | Children have a strong sense of themselves as a link between past, present, and future.
Children experience an environment where:
- there are equitable opportunities for learning, irrespective of gender, ability, age, ethnicity, or background
- they are affirmed as individuals
- they are encouraged to learn with and alongside others.
Over time and with guidance and encouragement, children become increasingly capable of:
- treating others fairly and including them in play | te ngākau makuru
- recognising and appreciating their own ability to learn | te rangatiratanga
- using a range of strategies and skills to play and learn with others | te ngākau aroha.
The resources in this section support kaiako in weaving this strand into their local curriculum.