Connections in your community
These letterbox photographs are an example of how you might use something you see on a walk to stimulate discussion about a range of things from exploring mathematical symbols and concepts (numbers or sequencing) to function and design.
Tips for encouraging tamariki engagement
- Wonder about similarities and differences.
- Draw, photograph, design, and build your own letterbox.
- Think about curating your own community letterbox poster.
- What about asking your tamariki to redesign your centre letterbox with your community?
- Consider how to extend individual learning pathways to support communities of learning. See Sociocultural theories.
- How will the learning be documented? See Assessment for learning.
- How will this be used to deepen your local curriculum design? See Deciding what matters here.
See ideas for whānau using the same resource: