Local curriculum learning module
Explore local curriculum ideas at your own pace for implementation in your service.
This module is designed to help you understand:
- what is meant by the term local curriculum
- how you can intentionally develop local curriculum in your setting.
Before you start the module
The module is on the Ministry of Education Learning Management System.
- You will need your Education Sector Logon (ESL) login to access it.
- You can find further information about an Education Sector Logon on the Education Applications and Online systems website: How to get an Education Sector Logon – Ministry of Education.
- You can download an ECE user request form: Education On-line services access for Early Childhood (392KB PDF).
Once logged in you will need to select the Te Whāriki tile.
The module takes approximately 60 minutes to finish but you can also complete them in smaller sections to fit your needs.
Learning module support video
Watch the video to see how the modules work and give you a taste of what is available on the Learning Management System.